Frenship ISD is currently accepting 2019-2020 Pre-K applications for tuition-based students who will be four years of age as of September 1, 2019. To register your student, please contact your nearest Frenship elementary school or call the Student Services Office at 806-866-9541.
Wednesday, May 1st, will be the district-wide Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Roundup, where those students who meet the qualifications below can register for the 2019-2020 school year.
Frenship ISD offers Prekindergarten at all elementary campuses. To be eligible for enrollment a child must be at least four years of age by September 1st and must meet one of the following requirements or pay tuition:
- Unable to speak and comprehend the English language as documented on the oral language proficiency test administered at registration. Testing for placement in the English as Second Language Program (ESL) will take place at Prekindergarten registration. Parents whose children may qualify under this guideline need to bring their child with them.
- From a family whose income is at or below subsistence level and meets the eligibility criteria for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program. Free and Reduced Lunch forms will available at registration. Parents will need to bring current proof of income for verification.
- Examples include:
- the last two paycheck stubs from working members of the household
- A verification letter, notarized, on company letterhead from an employer stating your hours and salary you will be paid and how often if you have just begun a new job or are paid in cash
- Any type of income must be included, including employment income, social security benefits,child support etc. You must report how often it is received.
- Active duty uniformed members (parents or official guardians) of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard who are assigned to duty stations in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; this includes activated/mobilized uniformed members of the Texas National Guard (Army or Air Guard), or activated/mobilized members of the reserve components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, or Coast Guard who are Texas residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; and uniformed service members who are Missing in Action (MIA), or injured while on active duty.
- Foster Care – Children who are in or who have ever been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following and adversary hearing. This includes children that have been adopted or returned to their parents after having been in DFPS conservatorship.
Click here for more information!